Monday, January 2, 2017

1/2/17~ 11 months

I can barely believe it's been 11 months without my Mom.

I woke up this morning thinking and couldn't really wrap my mind around it.  I haven't talked to her in 11 months.  I do write in my journal and I've accidentally called, but it's really not the same.

I have four voicemails saved.   I usually don't save things, but I have them.  Two are from summer before she was supposed to come here just "checking in."  Another was from a grocery trip to our favorite place Ultra...just "checking in"...and the last was Christmas Eve last year, asking me if I had just called her (I hadn't we had left the rehab place 20 minutes before the message), but I'm grateful I have the message.

The message of today is... call your Mom.  Make it a schedule... call her a certain time every day or every week or whatever.. just make the time.

Just do it.  Make the time. ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hawaii Day 10- 1/30

Getting ready to head out of Hawaii and hubs helping with my hair :)  This is sooo beautiful! Cheese :) Laid back! Br...