Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 1 in Boston

We finally went on a real vacation. A vacation that didn't involve a wedding, family or any event. Us History majors, chose Boston! Luckily, I cashed in my miles and we got to fly there and back and stay in a hotel in the Financial district for $70! The food and entertainment was up to us. And here is day one for us in Boston! We left Grand Rapids on an early morning flight. It was slightly delayed and we got to Cleveland and literally RAN to the gate. We got to the gate and found it the flight was still delayed. PHEW! We boarded to Cleveland and landed around 2:45PM ET on Saturday July 28th.
Here we are on the plane!
Some pics from the plane:
On the free shuttle bus. We took the shuttle and we were at the T station. MBTA is what runs the subway/trolley's for Boston. We bought a one week pass for $18 each. We didn't want to rent a car or take a taxi so we could spend more money on entertainment and food :). Late lunch- Mr Dooley's. Mr Dooley's is an Irish pub. Filled with character and Boston speaking staff! I just wanted to listen to our waitress all day!! Here is where I ordered my first Sam Adams... it is Sam Summer. In proper terms! :) Anyway, we had Irish Fries, beers and a burger and it was all really good. There was a little duo playing music and the atmosphere was fun! What a great place to start our time in Boston! Our first meal at Mr Dooley's.
Pub Crawl: After dinner we started off at The Vintage Lounge.. which was across the street from our hotel! (AND they had Allagash, one of my favorite beers!) Next, we hit Jose McIntyre's and met a girl whose sister was on the gymnastics team at Iowa, GO HAWKS! (And an alternate at the Olympics). Next up we hit Sissy K's where I had my first Wachusetts Blueberry Beer, mmmm. After this, John and I headed next door to the Hong Kong where John sang "Sweet Caroline" and I somehow got beers bought for me! I also ordered crab rangoons as I was a little hungry. :) Last we went to this interesting place called An Tan.. they let us in free... we had a beer and left... not our style... but HEY, we didn't pay cover! Lastly, we stopped off at our hotel bar called Brix and split some steak quesadillas! :) Had a fun first night in Boston! The second day will bring way more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hawaii Day 10- 1/30

Getting ready to head out of Hawaii and hubs helping with my hair :)  This is sooo beautiful! Cheese :) Laid back! Br...