Sunday, February 12, 2012

Unexpected fantastic movie

Well... Just watched Moneyball last night and I have so many good things to say about it.

First, I'm not sure how I didn't hear about it. 1. It's about baseball (the 2002 Oakland A's). 2. It's directed by Brad Pitt. 3. Brad Pitt stars in it. 4. Jonah Hill is the supporting actor.

This movie came out in September of last year- right during football season.. For Iowa.. That. HAS. To be why I didn't hear about it.

Anyway, the story is based on a book... Which I now must go buy. It's a story about how the GM used a statistic of OBP (on base percentage for you non baseball fans)... To acquire players.

You see the 2001 team lost three big names and they had to be replaced, but the A's didn't have the Yankees bankroll, let's be honest- who does? Well, the GM ends up using this formula...

Let's just say it is an amazing movie and the fact that it is true made it one of my top 5 from last year. (Midnight in Paris posted earlier too). It made me laugh, cry, and get pumped for baseball season!

Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hawaii Day 10- 1/30

Getting ready to head out of Hawaii and hubs helping with my hair :)  This is sooo beautiful! Cheese :) Laid back! Br...