Thursday, January 5, 2012

Poopers

They are our "kids," and we love them so much. Both our dogs, Herky and Abby turned 9 last month!

It's so hard to believe that they are that old! I still remember their puppy days and potty training them. Clapping when they "did their business" outside. When Herky had his first ear infection the bottle of drops said "Herky Harbin."

They are both still healthy and happy dogs- who dread the doorbell and the knocking of the door- (really the only time they bark). With one small exception. Herky barks or growls every time he sees or hears a dog on tv... Or if you say "is that a puppy?".

I'm not sure why it still makes me laugh so much, but the jealousy is still funny! Abby, on the other hand could care less! She will just look at you with her pretty brown eyes and go get her bone to show you it...(or the fifth "baby" disgusting cotton bone she has shredded.)

Our dogs grew up within two weeks of each other. They sleep in the same crate together, lay on top of each other, snuggle and look out for one another.

They are truly best friends. It is amazing to see a friendship so beautiful. I wish all people were as loving, loyal and amazing as my two poopers. They really give me hope and restore faith in unconditional love. The really are members of our family.

Here are some of my favorites from the past couple of years! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hawaii Day 10- 1/30

Getting ready to head out of Hawaii and hubs helping with my hair :)  This is sooo beautiful! Cheese :) Laid back! Br...