Sunday, February 5, 2012

Julia Child Strikes Again

I love spending a couple of hours on dinner when the chance allows. Last week, I spent about 2 hours making this dinner. It was just one word- AMAZING!

Supremes de Volaille a Blanc, (chicken breast with cream), buttered asparagus tips, and parmesan risotto.

Let me just say that this was my first time making risotto- the process takes about 30 minutes... But the end result is very good! I used a recipe from my Carrabba's cookbook! Now, I want to experiment with different types.

Next, the chicken and sauce- simply rich and delightful! A Julia recipe- To. Die. For. Paired with her buttered asparagus tips and a glass of Traminer- (like a Riesling... Very good!)

The sauce is what brings the dish together.

Here is the recipe:

1/4 c stock
1/4 c dry vermouth
1 c whipping cream
Salt and pepper
Lemon juice, as needed
2 T fresh parsley
4 T butter

Pour stock and vermouth with butter into pan in high heat. Let boil down until syrupy. Stir in cream and boil down again until cream has thickened. Off heat add drops of lemon juice, salt and pepper to your liking. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.



1 comment:

  1. You has a great article. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share to us and other.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete

Hawaii Day 10- 1/30

Getting ready to head out of Hawaii and hubs helping with my hair :)  This is sooo beautiful! Cheese :) Laid back! Br...